Stories of suicide, addiction and depression are frequent in mainstream media. Unfortunately, these stories rarely discuss anything beyond the suicide method or a claim that the person is now in “treatment.” This tiptoeing around tough topics and shallow coverage (which is often judgmental) only perpetuates the stigmas. It’s time we broke free from this cycle.
This film (see the trailer below) is part of a dynamic healing initiative that seeks to open the discussion about depression and suicide and explore opportunities for true healing. I ask that you help me create this necessary initiative.
Your financial support will help to finish production of the film (e.g. editing), create the website and social media initiatives and outline a curriculum that can be integrated into college health courses and medical schools.
There are two ways to donate: 1) Use the handy tool above and pay securely through PayPal. Just select the amount you would like to donate and then click “Give.” or 2) If you would prefer to send a check, please email me and I will give you all the info that you need.
As an important contributor to the completion of this project, you will receive:
- $5 – $25: Online recognition on “Contributors” page (listed in order of donation amount). Selected name on the “In Honor Of” board (optional– this is an online page honoring those who have passed from suicide- listed in alphabetical order)*.
- $30 – $200: All of above + DVD of the film*
- $250 – $750: All of above + Thank you credit in film (your name appears in this credit).
- $1,000 – $2,000: All of above + “In Honor of” credit at begining of film (credit honoring an individual of your choosing who has passed from suicide)
* Please note that I will be contacting you for all necessary info (confirm your name– and if you want it placed on the “Contributors” page, your address to send DVD, name for “In Honor Of,” etc.) via your email used for PayPal. After 3 unsuccessful attempts at contacting you, I will just place your name on the relevant page/credit.
I am also in search of two Executive Producers for the film. Please email me if you are interested and/or have questions about this opportunity (email@example.com).
Other ways to help: Pass this page to your contacts, Tweet this page, Post to Facebook, Click the “Add to site” link on the donation tool above to embed on your own blog or website… Other ideas?? Email me and let’s discuss 🙂
And yes, please keep sending in your titles for the film. Whoever provides the selected title will receive a credit in the film!
I will be updating you all as we progress. The goal is to pitch the film in mid-February 2011 and hit the festivals in early summer 2011. Online initiatives will likely begin in May 2011.
I cannot express to you how much your support means to me– even if happy thoughts and emails are all you can offer at this time. Truly, the amazing emails that I have received have kept me motivated to bring this initiative to completion. And we’re almost there!!!
Much love and gratitude,